about the nlc
The Northern League of Legends Championship is a new competitive ecosystem for the Nordics & UK.
- 12 initially selected teams
- 400 000 SEK prizepool and 600 000 SEK in support to participating teams
- League play featuring two divisions of 6 competing over 5 weeks to be seeded into a playoff bracket
- The bottom 2 teams of the NLC will need to compete to retain their slots
- FNATIC Rising and BT Excel are permanent members in the NLC due to their status in LEC
NLC follows the standardized ERL Rulebook provided by Riot for its competition. A dedicated NLC rulebook for match operations and processes is being prepared and will be available before the Spring split begins.
Road to the NLC
- There will be 6 National Leagues, the Telia Esports Series will host leagues in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway, the UKLC will host leagues in the UK and Ireland, and Iceland Esports Association will host a league in Iceland.
- Each league will feature eight teams and regularly broadcasting / coverage in local languages.
- The top two teams from each league will advance to the Telia Masters to try to advance to the NLC.