about the nlc
The Northern League of Legends Championship is a new competitive ecosystem for the Nordics & UK.
- 12 initially selected teams
- 1 million SEK awarded per split to teams and players
- League play featuring two divisions of 6 competing over 7 weeks to be seeded into a playoff bracket
- The top 4 teams of the playoff bracket will compete at a studio event (Monster Energy DreamHack Studios)
- The bottom 2 teams of the NLC will need to compete to retain their slots
- FNATIC Rising and BT Excel are permanent members in the NLC due to their status in LEC
Road to the NLC
- There will be 6 National Leagues, the Telia Esports Series will host leagues in Denmark, Sweden, Finland and Norway, the UKLC will host leagues in the UK and Ireland, and Iceland Esports Association will host a league in Iceland.
- Each league will feature eight teams and regularly broadcasting / coverage in local languages.
- The top two teams from each league will advance to the Telia Masters to try to advance to the NLC.